Skip to main content

Book Blogger Hop June 22-28, 2012

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is the creation of Crazy-for-Books.

This weeks question is, "Do you immediately write a review upon finishing a book or do you wait and write multiple reviews at once?"
I rarely write a review as soon as I finish a book. I also rarely write more than 2 reviews in 1 day.
I do not allow more than a few days in between finishing a book and writing the review. Even though I take notes on all books I read, it's better to write the review sooner than later, while the book is still fresh in my mind.
Writing reviews, especially on non-fiction books takes me much longer than a review on a fiction book.
Non-fiction requires a more serious tone. I must have a full understanding of the content of what I read. I want to make sure I do not post a review that is not in-line with what the author wrote. I will often go back to the page to re-read what the author wrote, so I will not say something the author did not say.
I want to make sure I remain tactful as well. I may not always agree with the authors feelings or analysis; yet I refuse to use my blog as a platform for verbal inappropriateness. To be professional and honest in my review is most important, and this can and will be done tactfully.   
A fiction review is a matter of writing a synopsis (that does not mirror the back cover or books website.)
Then I write my feelings/thoughts on characters, theme, plot. Especially expressing why I liked or disliked the book.




Comments

Tea said…
Yes, I had to do that this week. I had to reread a page, a fact, making sure I got it right.
Sidne said…
For me, rather fiction or non - fiction. I just write what i feel about what i read. I am more tactful in my review for non-fiction especially memoirs. well written post.
http://sidnereading.blogspot.com
Elizabeth said…
Very good answer...NEW FOLLOWER.

Nice blog.

Stop by my blog for the full answer if you like.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/06/book-blogger-hop-june-22-june-28.html

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
Shan said…
I agree with everything you say!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Angela Holland said…
I enjoyed your answer - here is the link to mine: http://griperangsbookmarks.blogspot.com/2012/06/book-blogger-hop-june-22nd-28th.html