Skip to main content

If It's Friday, It's Book Blogger Hop! June 8, 2012

Book Blogger Hop

This weeks question is:
If you were to write a book what type of book would you write?

Historical fiction. 
I love 1930's depression era stories and the World War II years. I love the music, clothing, cars. I love those years before television or other technology took away from actually having long conversations in a porch swing. I especially love stories where people against difficulty and strife, persevere. I am aware that these were years of drought, little money and sometimes little food, job losses, displacement of families, fear of war and then war itself. But, it is through a great storm that the individual or characters in a book, evolve in to either a determination to persevere, or to give-up and fade away.

Comments