Skip to main content

My Answer---From Moving Thoughts Friday!

Moving Thoughts Friday is a post Wendy Paine @
http://thoughtsthatmove.blogspot.com/
Every Friday she posts a question for discussion. Some bloggers answer in her comment box, I usually need more space.
Her question for this Friday is:

"If you could carry only one thing in your pocket for the rest of you life what would it be?"

Even when I was a little girl I had a problem with that "one thing." I remember when I was a little girl my grandmother and I shopped at a grocery store and I wanted a toy or book. She asked me to pick just "one thing." In my tiny heart I did not know that she probably did not really have the money for my trivial desire. But, I remember then thinking, I could not decide on that "one thing." 
So, in true form with my "one thing" handicap. Other than my Burt's Bees lip balm, I would have a photograph of my family in my pocket. To look at a photograph of my mother, or daddy, or husband, or sons or daughter in-law, or grandchildren, brings a enveloping warmth in my body and even tears to my eyes. They are my joy, they are my heart.
Grandkids.
My granddaughter and I.
My daddy, holding the August 1944 issue of Life Magazine with his photo in it---from after D-Day Normandy Invasion.
2 crazy kids in love, on our wedding day.
My sister Frances and I, about 1966.
First photograph of mother and I--1964.
Son David when he was 11 months old.
My favorite photograph of both our boy's--David and Paul, 1988.
Son David and his wife Christina on their wedding day.




Comments

Wendy @ ECTaS said…
Gorgeous photos... just love looking at people's photos... it's part of them and their history and it is special to be able to do so :D

Thank you for sharing.
Wendy @ ECTaS said…
Gorgeous photos... just love looking at people's photos... it's part of them and their history and it is special to be able to do so :D

Thank you for sharing.