Skip to main content

Review: A Discover Together Bible Study on Ephesians by Sue Edwards





 Kregel Sue Edwards Revelation Bible study
Title: Discover Together Bible Study---Ephesians---Discovering Your Identity and Purpose in Christ
Author: Sue Edwards
Publisher: Kregel Publications January 14, 2013
Genre: Non-Fiction
Labels: Bible, Bible Study, New Testament, Ephesians
Format: Paperback
Age: Adult
Pages: 128
Rating: 5 Stars

Summary:
On the back cover of the Bible study book the author mentions that many people are attracted to the paranormal and occult. I agree to her conclusion. I'm seeing more and more books come my way for review both from the Christian and non- Christian genre. I wonder why? I believe it is because these subjects are prickly with a sorta mysterious excitement for the reader. Although I believe, that if a person builds up enough tolerance to these things, then it could lead a person to possibly be desensitized, thinking these issues are not that bad.
My focus as a Christian is that I must know what the Bible says regarding Spiritual warfare, those dark forces that are always looking for a way into my mind, in order to entice me and deceive me and tempt me.  
I must know God's Word: by reading, studying, and memorizing.  
"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing, raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete." 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NASB
My Thoughts: 
Discovering Together Bible Study on Ephesians is divided into 9 lessons.
Included, is beginning chapters on "How to Get the Most Out of a Discover Together Bible Study", and "Why Study Ephesians?" 
What I loved about the Ephesians Bible study:
  • The study is clear and understandable. 
  • Greek key words are studied. 
  • Brief commentary comments from J. Vernon McGee, J. I. Packer, Klyne Snodgrass, John Stott, and others are given. 
  • A choice of study--for beginning students, or for advanced. 
  • Questions that lead me to ponder my own standing before God. Another words am I where God would have me to be, both in my thinking, words, actions, dreams, and goals?  
Thank you to Litfuse Publicity Group and Kregel Publications for my FREE review copy!

Link @ Amazon: Paperback $10.70
http://www.amazon.com/Ephesians-Discovering-Identity-Discover-Together/dp/0825443091/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366203446&sr=8-2&keywords=Sue+Edwards

Discover Together Website: http://www.discovertogetherseries.com/
Sue Edwards (MA, Dallas Theological Seminary; D.Min., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary) teaches full-time in the Christian Education Department at Dallas Theological Seminary. She has more than twenty-five years of experience teaching, pastoring, and directing women's ministries. In addition, Sue speaks at retreats, conferences, and seminars across the country. She is the coauthor of Women's Retreats and New Doors in Ministry to Women, and the author of the new Sue Edwards Inductive Bible Study series
Sue Edwards Facebook Page for Bible Study: https://www.facebook.com/DiscoverTogetherSeries

Comments