Skip to main content

Weekly Readings, July 7-13, 2013

This was the first week we've had of temperatures 100 degrees or more. On Thursday late in the afternoon it rained for almost an hour. When the rain first began to fall it sizzled on our roof. Summer is my least favorite season. By July I'm wishing for autumn. Living in Texas our seasons are either hot or cool, only a few days in winter is it cold. Summer days are spent inside where we have air conditioning. On weekdays in the late afternoon I go to a gym where the owner prefers to keep the air conditioner set on 82 degrees. Five minutes in to my run on the treadmill I'm sweating....profusely. My husband works in a hot non air conditioned shop. The only cool spot is in the break room. I shouldn't be whining, my sweet husband toils in sweat all day. Bless him.

This past week I read 2 Corinthians chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13. All Scripture read from the NKJV MacArthur Study Bible.
I read more from 2 Corinthians when I read and reviewed the book by J. I. Packer, Weakness Is the Way
The books focal passages is from 2 Corinthians.

"God is in control of the times and seasons. Some times are hard and some seasons are dry." Charles R. Swindoll
For the full article from Swindoll: http://www.insight.org/library/articles/theology/think-theologically.html

Comments