Skip to main content

[Review] Choosing The Road Less Traveled, Finding Grace on the Path to Purpose by Myckelle P. Williams

Title: Choosing The Road Less Traveled, Finding Grace on the Path to Purpose
Author: Myckelle P. Williams
Publisher: M Powerment Worldwide, LLC. March 31, 2013
Genre: Non-Fiction
Labels: Testimony, Biography
Format: Paperback
Age: Adult, also for young adult reader's
Pages: 168
Rating: 5 Stars
Source: Free copy from Myckelle P. Williams and Write Now Literary Virtual Book Tour. 

Write Now Literary Virtual Book Tour July 15 through August 9, 2013

Summary:
The author of this story has written a testimony/biography of her early life, beginning at birth and leading up to about age 20.
Myckelle was born in 1973, in the Los Angeles, California area. Her parents split-up when she was a small child. Her dad was a drug dealer, pimp, and most of his time was spent with people who engaged in the same activities as he did. Myckelle's mother was able to secure a well-paid job that gave her the financial security she wanted, as well as material possessions that meant so much to her. Myckelle was often left on her own. She grew up quickly. Most of her growing up years she lived with her mom, for a brief time she lived with her dad.
When Myckelle was a teenage girl she became involved intimately with her boyfriend. Myckelle was left with serious decisions that would impact her life. She had the freedom to make a choice that would give her freedom (she thought), or she could make a choice that would require faith in its out-come.

My Thoughts:
When I began reading this book I had no idea I would finish it in one sitting. I couldn't put the book down. It is a quick read at 168 pages. It is a powerful story, and I gave this book a 5 star review.
  1. The author is honest. At nearly every point Myckelle is honest about her life, and her parents lives. She is reluctant, and I believe it is out of respect and love, to not harass or speak negatively about her parents. She never states they were bad parents; she does let her story speak for itself. 
  2. She lived a dramatic life. Many times she could have been hurt, or even killed, because of her parents poor choices. Yet, God was very gracious to her. 
  3. The previous reason leads me to number three, in that Myckelle felt God had a purpose for her life. 
  4. Myckelle is an observant person, sensitive, at a young age she had wisdom in most areas of her life. 
  5. Myckelle rose above her level of culture, home life, and education. She is a person of integrity, endurance, grit, and to me she is the definition of a heroine. 
  6. Myckelle's story is an excellent story that can be used in a small group study for youth, crisis centers, intervention programs, and individual reading. 
  7. At no point in Myckelle's story did I feel she was hiding behind anything, nor did I think she'd written a sensationalistic story, but displaying her life both its good and bad, and leaving it at the cross of Jesus. 
  8. I can relate to Myckelle. I was reminded of things that had happened in my life way back in 1982-1983. I too was a young girl once, that crossed that line, and made a choice, a choice of faith. Despite what I'd done, God blessed me, blessed my husband, blessed my children.
Thank you to Paulette Harper Johnson of Write Now Literary Virtual Book Tours, and
Myckelle P. Williams, for a FREE book in exchange for my review.

Author link: http://myckelle.com/
See also The BLOG Magazine: http://www.blogmagazine.org/
Myckelle P Williams, co-founder of B.L.O.G. Magazine™, host of 'BLOGTalk Live!' monthly Christian radio show, and creator of the Heartwood Project™ for Women, lives in Tennessee with her husband of 20 years. She is the mother of 6 children and two grandchildren. Once a teen mother who overcame the odds, Myckelle helps empower women to overcome the traumas of their past, and mentors young women over the country. She was featured on "Joy in our Town" on TBN Network, for her development of the PURE Satisfaction™ Abstinence Program in Atlanta in 2009.

Link @ Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Choosing-The-Road-Less-Traveled/dp/0615772900/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1370701443&sr=8-1
Paperback $13.49
Kindle $9.99

Comments

Thanks Annette so much for doing a book review and featuring Myckelle on her book tour.
Wow! Thank you Annette for taking the time to read my story and submitting your review. I am humbled and appreciative of your words of support and encouragement! I pray that many are blessed by my story, and an impact is made that will increase the Kingdom! to God be the Glory....:)
Annette said…
It means so much to me that you both stopped by to leave gracious comments.
Thank you.