This past week I read:
Luke chapters 21, 22, 23, 24;
2 John and 3 John and Jude;
Psalms 1, 2, 8, 13, 103, 110, 145;
I know I'm bouncing around in the Bible, some of these Scriptures were text from yesterdays sermon at church.
There is a word I hear often in the Christian community, the word is transparent. To be transparent means to be "easily understood; frank; open. Honest means to be "fair and just in character or behavior." Both definitions from the Oxford Pocket American Dictionary of Current English.
How is this achieved? How do we change our mind set and character from hiding certain areas of our life or past, to becoming a person of transparency?
- Stop hiding. We're not fooling anyone. We're not fooling other people, we're not fooling God, we're not fooling our self.
- Stop looking to other people for how we view our self. Jesus Christ died on the cross for forgiveness of sin. He has already paid the debt of sin. His view of us is all that matters.
- Stop hindering the work of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit comes to live in us when we accept Jesus Christ. We can though diminish and ignore His work of convicting and teaching.
- Stop ignoring the Bible. God's Word is meant to be read, it is meant to change our life.
- Are you reading your Bible?