Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Weekly Readings, November 3rd Through 9th 2013

Yesterday was a "mile stone." I reached 1000 posts for this blog!
I want to thank all of you for your support, readership, prayers.
Marching onwards to another 1000 posts!

The past two days I've been hard at work on what I call "blog maintenance".  I tweak my two blogs often, but at the end of each year heavy grooming is done. You've probably noticed several changes. If any blogging friends have been left out from the Blogroll, please contact me at: bellevieanne@gmail.com. The sources and links given will hopefully be of help.
Last year when Bible reading updates were posted it was entitled, "Sunday Salon". Later the heading was changed to simply, "Weekly Readings". I'm looking for a new title, reading the Bible is not just any type of weekly reading, nor a Sunday Salon. The following words I'm thinking of using for my new title and I'd like input from you?
  • Decree
  • Refuge
  • The Word
  • Fortress
  • The Enduring Word
  • The Way
  • Logos
Or maybe none of the above. I prefer a one word that's simple and straight forward.

Bible Gateway has chosen me to be one of 100 charter bloggers in their Bible Gateway Blogger Grid (BG2). I do not have a badge yet, nor can I reveal anymore information. I'm told sometime in December this new program will begin. 

Over the past week I read from the Bible:
Romans chapters 1 and 2.
Psalms chapters 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75.
All above Scripture read from the ESV Crossway Study Bible.
I'm reading Psalms during the month of November for a Bible reading challenge hosted by my friend Becky at Operation Actually Read Bible. 

Yesterday, I began reading Revelation from the Amplified Bible. This is the twelfth time to read Revelation. At the beginning of this year I made a commitment to read Revelation twelve times in twelve different translations. This is the fourth year to read a NT book repeatedly. I've read Romans, John, Hebrews, and now Revelation, in this fashion.

I read sobering statistics this past week. From the AARP magazine: "those who are 50 or older lead the pack, with 68 percent agreeing that heaven exists. Among 35 to 49 year-olds, belief dips to 56 percent."
Death is not a subject people wish to contemplate, yet it will happen to all of us.....and not necessarily when we're old and gray-haired.
"Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all the remnant of the house of Israel, who have been borne by me from before your birth, carried from the womb; even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save." Isaiah 46:3-4 ESV

2 comments:

Joyful Reader said...

Sorry I have not commented much lately but I have been lurking about! :) looking forward to knowing more about the Bible Gateway thing...
I too am reading through Psalms via Becky's challenge. I am only up to chapter 64 though.
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog and following me through bloglovin. :)

Annette said...

You welcome Joyful Reader. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!