Skip to main content

The Apple of Your Eye

 photo 7179e8f1-6cc7-481c-ace8-9d8ef1f8bc15.jpg

Over the past two weeks I've read:
2 Corinthians chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.
Galatians chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
Ephesians chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
Philippians chapters 1, 2, 3, 4.
Colossians chapters 1, 2, 3, 4.
All above Scripture read from the ESV. This is the second time in 2013 to read the NT. Only a few more books in the NT to complete again.

A post on Herod, "the bad guy" of Christmas, by Ray Pritchard.
http://www.keepbelieving.com/blog/2013-11-29-herod/

I will be creating a wrap-up post of Bible reading from 2013, plus an introductory of Bible reading for 2014.
Many bloggers are beginning to post how they plan to read the Bible in 2014, sharing various Bible reading plans offered. I won't be focusing on this aspect, although I'll share a few of the Bible reading plans I've found; instead, I'll be sharing the "why" aspect of Bible reading. What I mean is why do I read the Bible, what it means to me, how I persevere, how reading the Bible has blessed me over the years, and a few surprises that have happened along the way. 

I did not post last Sunday because we'd just returned the night before from Pagosa Springs, Colorado. We spent the week of Thanksgiving at a friends vacation cabin. It was wonderful to have my family all together under one roof for a week. I had been a little worried about cooking Thanksgiving dinner in a "strange" kitchen, but everything turned out great. The photo's below show the wintry scene from where we stayed.

The winter weather followed us back to Texas. If you've watched the news Fort Worth/Dallas has been through an ice storm. We've not had snow which is easier to deal with; instead, we've had sleet and freezing rain which began last Thursday during afternoon rush hour traffic. We've not had anymore sleet since Friday. There have been many wrecks, including one person who drove off a bridge and into a lake. Many of the freeways have been closed. Streets and driveways and parking lots are an ice rink. We've been below freezing since Thursday, today we are to have a high of 37.
I'm thankful for a warm house, a well-stocked pantry, a warm cozy fireplace, and a husband that will break-up the ice and shovel the driveway.
Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Comments