Skip to main content

The Apple of Your Eye

 photo 7179e8f1-6cc7-481c-ace8-9d8ef1f8bc15.jpg

The Apple of Your Eye is usually on Sunday's. I felt it was more fitting that it should be posted today, on Christmas Eve. The readings over the past week have centered on prophecies fulfilled in Jesus and in His birth.

Over the past week and a half I've read the following.

Prophecies fulfilled in Jesus Christ:
2 Samuel 7:12-13
Psalm 2; 110
Isaiah 9:6-7; 42:1-7; 53
Jeremiah 31:31-34
Joel 2:28 -32
Amos 9:11-15
Zechariah 9:9-10
Malachi 3:1-4; 4:2

Scripture telling the story of Jesus' birth and childhood:
Matthew chapter 1:1-25; 2:1-23.
Luke chapter 1:1-80; 2:1-52.

The next posting of The Apple of Your Eye will be January 12. I plan to take a little break before beginning a new year of blogging.
Becky @ Operation Actually Read Bible has a January Bible Reading Challenge, beginning 2014 at the very beginning-Genesis.
Link for more information: http://operationreadbible.blogspot.com/2013/12/read-with-me-genesis.html

A Christmas Story Timeline from Bible Gateway: 
http://www.biblegateway.com/blog/2013/12/christmas-story-timeline-visualization/

YouTube video from movie The Bible, The Nativity:


I love love love the Perry Como story of the first Christmas. I have wonderful memories of listening to this album on my dad's beautiful large Magnavox stereo.


Thoughts on Bible reading:
http://www.ccwtoday.org/article/my-preferred-way-to-read-the-bible/

A Global outreach to children:


Comments

Becky said…
Merry Christmas! You have been such a blessing to me! Thank you for all you do and the good word you spread! And thank you for the wonderful, wonderful link on Bible reading!!! It was a GREAT article!