Skip to main content

Review: The Psalms, ESV

Publisher: Crossway, June 30, 2014.
Genre: Bible.
Format: TruTone Over Board, imitation leather, held in a hard slip cover casing.
Pages: 384.
Rating: 5 Stars for excellent.
Source: Self-purchase. Bought at Lifeway.

Available @:
Christian Book
Amazon
Lifeway

The Psalms, ESV from Crossway on Vimeo.

I decided to read Psalms this summer by purchasing the new Psalms edition by Crossway. I read through the Bible every year, but reading the Psalms in this edition was extra special. The book is gorgeous, easy to hold, and easy on my eyes at 11 point type size. This is not a study edition, nor does it have reference verses, nor a concordance, nor a dictionary; it is a stand alone book of the Psalms. The pages are matte, thick, an off white (which I think helps to not have a glare). The ink is in a soft black. The Psalm chapter at the top of the page is in a brick red color. The Psalms is a single column format book. A brown satin ribbon is attached.

"I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable." Psalm 145:1-3. ESV. 

"I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore." Psalm 121:1-8. ESV. 

Bible links courtesy of Bible Gateway.

Comments