Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Bible Reading Update, October 28, 2014

The last Bible reading update posted was October 8.
Since the last posting I've read Proverbs chapter 1 through 31. I completed reading through the Bible on October 27. Proverbs was read from the Holman Rainbow Study Bible King James Version. This is the link to read my review of the Bible at Amazon. 

I have also finished reading 1 Corinthians. In 2014, I have read the book of 1 Corinthians twelve times in twelve different translations. The twelfth time was read from the ESV-English Standard Version. The ESV is one of my favorite translations of the Bible. I own the Crossway ESV Study Bible, bought in 2008.
Chapter 13 is the most well-known chapter in 1 Corinthians. The verses are often read at weddings; however, the love that is spoken of in this chapter is agape love. Agape love is the love Christ Jesus showed on the cross. It is the love God has for His children.
I love chapter 13 in 1 Corinthians, but there are other verses that I love more. For example:
1 Corinthians 2:3-5. "And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." 
1 Corinthians 2:16. "For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."
1 Corinthians 6:19-20. "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." 
1 Corinthians 13:12. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known." 
1 Corinthians 15:58. "Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain." 
In 2015, I plan to read 2 Corinthians twelve times in twelve different translations.

All Bible links courtesy of Bible Gateway. 
Agape love definition from Patheos. 

Мы реадершип хасс инкреасед, эспесиалли н тхе контру оф Окраине. И велкоме юу инъ тхэ найме уф Христ Есус. Год блесс уу онд кээп еу софье.
"Тхерефоре шее ду нут слухе хеарт. Эвен тхугх уор утварьд тань ись перишинг, ет тхэ инвард танк ись венг реневед даю вэ даю. Фор уг лигхт аффликтен, вних ис вут форк ай момент, ис воркинг фор юс ай файр морэ эксцеединг онд этернал веигхт оф глории, вниле шее ду нут слухе лок от тхе тнингс вних яге сэн, вот ат тхэ тнингс вних аге нот сен. Фор тхе тнингс вних арке сен аге темпорары, вот тхе тнингс вних яге нот сен аге этернал." 2 Коринтнянс 4:16-18.


No comments: