(Review) The Evangelism Study Bible, New King James Version
Source: Free copy from Kregel in exchange for a review.
Rating: 4 stars for very good.
The Kregel Book Tour was January 19-23, 2015. I was unable to post my review during this week because I was sick.
Blog Tour page (to read further reviews).
Link @ Amazon: The Evangelism Study Bible.
Link @ Christian Book: The Evangelism Study Bible.
The Evangelism Study Bible was compiled and edited by Dr. R. Larry Moyer. Dr. Moyer is the founder of Evan Tell, Inc.
Their mission is to teach Christians to share the Gospel in a concise and straight-forward manner. The Evangelism Study Bible is intended to be a tool in sharing the Gospel.
The Evangelism Study Bible features:
- 14 color maps
- a 3 page Gospel presentation help
- 123 page concordance
- 3 pages of evangelism terms
- not a red letter edition
- 45 devotionals
- 260 articles on current topics in evangelism
- 8 point type size
My favorite feature of the Bible is the practical help on current topics in evangelism.
- "How to Prepare Your Children to Reach Their Generation"
- "How to Respond When the Conversation Turns Hostile"
- "How to Answer Those Who Question How a Loving God Could Allow Suffering"
- "How to Witness to a Person Who Has Been Abused by Someone in the Church"
- "Is Repentance Essential to Salvation"
- "What is Saving Faith"
- "False Assumptions People Have About God"
- "Sharing Christ Without Prejudice"
- "Why Would a Loving God Send Anyone to Hell"
This section is what I believe sets this Bible apart from others. Each topic is brief but beneficial. Several of the topics are difficult for the person sharing to grasp, much less explain to another person who is not a believer.
What I disliked about the Bible.
- Short introduction to each book in the Bible. I enjoy reading a lengthier introduction. It does not need to be several pages; but the date, theme, author, and audience is helpful.
- The 8 point type size is too small for me. It helps that the print is bold. If you have good eyes 8 point will not be a problem.
- The book of Hebrews about chapter 3 becomes blurry. This is a publishing problem, hoping this is going to be "cleared-up" in the next published batch.
Over-all I feel it is a helpful Bible to use in discipling. I also feel it is perfect for a new Christian. The helpful sections on current issues clears-up questions new believers have.