Skip to main content

Bible Reading Update

The last Bible reading update posted was February 21, 2015. 
Since then, I read 2 Corinthians again, this time in the King James Version. 
2 Corinthians chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
This is the 3rd time in 2015 to read 2 Corinthians. In January, it was read from the English Standard Version, and in February it was read from the New King James Version.  
Also finished reading the book of Luke chapters 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24. 
John chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 
Jeremiah chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 
Numbers 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21. 
All the above Scriptures (except 2 Corinthians) was read from the English Standard Version.

I'd mentioned in the review of St. Augustine's book that I've began using a technique that slows my Bible reading. I needed to slow down, reading with the intention of meeting a deadline or just trying to cross it off my list is WRONG. I'm not using all of the symbols listed on this link, it would take a really long time. But I use several of them. The symbols are a Precept creation.  I found another site with more information on how and why to mark symbols in your Bible. Bible Marking Symbols by Randy A. Brown.  If you want to take it a step further you can join a Bible Journaling group, one that illustrates with pictures, artwork, etc. in the margins of Bible page itself.
The following links will give you an idea of what I'm referring to:
Illustrated Faith
Rebekah R. Jones

Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram all have Bible Journaling groups and shared images.
Several publishers and Bible translations offer wide margin Bibles. My Bible is the ESV Journaling Bible by Crossway. The Bible is not a study Bible, there are no reference verses, notes, etc. It is strictly Bible passages with wide margins for taking notes, doodling, artwork, or all of the above!
In addition, Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies has a Verse Mapping post showing another way to dig deeper in Scripture.


Lastly, have you heard of the SOAP method of studying the Bible?  This is another help for reading and studying the Bible.
ESV Journaling Bible. 


A photo of my journaling art/symbol work. The pages are John chapter 3-4. 
Bibles are expensive. Try researching prices online, followed by utilizing Lifeway coupons. Often Lifeway will email me 20% and 30% coupons. I found my Bible in the Lifeway bargain shelf early this year, also had a coupon.
In the above photo there is a set of Scripture cards, this is my Bible memorization Scripture cards. The cards were bought in a package of 24 at Hobby Lobby for $1.99. The ribbon is looped through and holds them together. I can take this set anywhere I go. I'm in the Siesta Scripture Memory Team. The goal is to memorize two verses per month. Beth Moore, Living Proof Ministries is the host.

Are you reading your Bible? 

Comments