(Review) The NKJV, Full-Color Study Bible, Personal Size, Published by Thomas Nelson

Publication Date: May 17, 2016
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Genre: Bible
Pages: 2400
Source: Free paperback copy from Thomas Nelson/HarperCollins Christian Publishing
Rating: 4 stars for very good

Amazon
Barnes and Noble

Further info @ the publisher: Thomas Nelson. 











Features:

  • Weight is 2.7 pounds
  • Height is 8 inches and width is 5.25 inches
  • Red letter edition
  • Format is paperback
  • 14 pages of full color maps
  • Over 100 articles of "key doctrinal topics"
  • Over 150 articles on Bible culture
  • 3 pages of "Teachings and Illustrations of Christ"
  • 6 pages of "Prophecies Of The Messiah Fulfilled in Jesus Christ"
  • A chart titled "The Parables of Jesus Christ"
  • A chart titled "The Miracles of Jesus Christ"
  • A chart titled "Prayers of the Bible" 
  • A 23 page subject index
  • A 194 page concordance
  • An additional 69 color maps placed throughout the Bible
  • A 7 page "Harmony of the Gospels" section placed before the beginning of the NT
  • The pages are matte 
  • The pages are a little rough (makes the pages easy to turn)
  • In the beginning of the Bible, there are sections on how to understand the Bible and the NKJV translation
  • General Editor is Earl D. Radmacher, Th.D. Western Conservative Baptist Seminary

My Thoughts:

I feel three things should be considered. 
  1. The weight of the Bible is 2.7 pounds.
  2. The print is small. I have not been able to find in the Bible nor at the publishing website what the type font size is. I found a type font size chart online @ https://www.allbibles.com/pdfs/type_sizes.pdf. I estimate the type font size of the paperback edition to be 7 point. Whereas, the hardcover edition is 8 point. 
  3. How do you plan to use the Bible? Will the Bible be for daily Bible reading? Will you take the Bible to church? Will the Bible be used for Bible study? The personal size paperback Bible is too heavy to be carried in a purse. It can be carried by hand, but if you want a smaller more portable Bible then I do not believe this is the Bible for you. Look for a Bible that is not a study Bible, because the added material in a study Bible will always make the Bible heavier. Further, I suggest if you are going to purchase this style of study Bible, purchase the hardcover edition. 
For several years my primary Bible used was the ESV Study Bible by Crossway. The Bible was like carrying a dictionary, but I didn't care. I had a few people make fun of me, but I still didn't care. The Bible was falling apart, pages were torn and falling out. In the last month, I have switched to the hardcover, NKJV, Full-Color Study Bible. I reviewed this Bible October 29, 2014.  I love this Bible! I enjoy using it for daily Bible reading, Bible study, and I carry it to church on Sundays. 

Comments

Looks like a good quality Bible. Wonder if they make one that includes the apocryphal?

Popular posts from this blog

(Review) Forensic Faith: A Homicide Detective Makes the Case for a More Reasonable, Evidential Christian Faith by J. Warner Wallace

(Review) Christian Standard Bible

Review: Beyond Our Selves by Catherine Marshall