(Review) Mended: Pieces of a Life Made Whole by Angie Smith

Publication Date: September 1, 2012
Publisher: B and H Publishing Group
Genre: Nonfiction, young motherhood
Pages: 184
Source: Self purchase
Rating: 2 stars for okay

Amazon link for the book

Angie Smith @ Facebook
Angie Smith Online: Bring the Rain
Angie Smith @ Twitter











Summary:
Mended: Pieces of a Life Made Whole, is written to Christian women who need encouragement during a time of disappointment in life. Thirty-one chapters, all brief, covering applicable stories from the OT and NT. Most chapters are from Smith's devotional style blog posts. One chapter is not from her blog posts, "Her, Here." Each chapter begins with the focal Bible passage, followed by the devotional, and ending with a "mending" section.

"My hope is that this will be a resource that leads you to pray and dig deeper into His Word." 

My Thoughts:
Some sections of the book I enjoyed reading. A few worthy quotes for writing down and remembering. Over-all, I found the book to not be for me. I have not had small children in 25 plus years. I am not a young wife, mother, or woman. I'm a well-seasoned woman, with many other life experiences, other than being a young wife and mom. I can understand the book being well-loved by young women, but for me, I felt the book was okay.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Review) Forensic Faith: A Homicide Detective Makes the Case for a More Reasonable, Evidential Christian Faith by J. Warner Wallace

(Review) Christian Standard Bible

Review: Beyond Our Selves by Catherine Marshall